What exactly are those games?
1. Chargers(4-1) @ Jets(3-3), 1pm.
- San Diego's four victories have come against teams with a combined 4-17 record and their only loss came at the hands of the Patriots.
- New York's record and play hasn't been exactly something to write home about either. Their three wins have been against the lowly Jaguars and Dolphins + a Cowboys team that dominated most of their matchup opening night.
- Just looking at the numbers, the Chargers have the advantage on Offense and Defense. The problem for San Diego is staying healthy: Receivers Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Gates and Running Back Mike Tolbert haven't been 100% for the Chargers.
- The only advantage that Gang Green has coming into this week is their special teams unit.
Prediction: With how inconsistent the Jets offense and defense is + San Diego's offense getting healthy & San Diego with simply the better defense look for a 24-17 victory for the CHARGERS.
2. Falcons(3-3) @ Lions (5-1), 1pm
- Atlanta is one of those teams that you can't predict. Will their offense show up? Can their defense contain a superb duo in Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson?
- For Detroit, last week was more what their head coach Jim Schwartz got into last week instead of the actual game. The biggest key for the Lions to win this football game is to stop the Run, more specifically stop Michael Turner. In games that Turner has rushed for 100+ yards, his teams are 22-3.
Prediction: take out last week's performance and Detroit has been a consistent football team. The only thing Atlanta has been consistent with is their inconsistency. Until the Falcons can show what kind of team they are, give me the LIONS with their MVP duo 31-21.
3. Bears(3-3) vs. Buccaneers(4-2), @ London 1pm
- Tampa Bay QB Josh Freeman's first NFL moments came in London two years ago. Have things changed since then. Back then he was with a winless team, this week he'll lead his first place Bucs off an impressive 26-20 win over the Saints.
- Chicago looked like the complete team coming off a 39-10 drubbing of the Vikings last Sunday Night.
- This game has the makings of a close game. Everyone is well aware of Chicago's Offensive Line woes. But at the same time the Bears have not played well this year on the road and now your asking them to play in another country.
Prediction: the reason why the BUCS win this game is: Tampa has a better feel of London, they've been there since Tuesday taking the sights in. While Chicago is treating this like a regular road game. Tampa will be fresher and ready to go. BUCS win 28-21
- Johnny Montalbano
-Follow Johnny on Twitter @MontalbanoNY and listen to Johnny on "Review and Preview" every Wednesday from 5-6pm only on WCWP.org